Skip to content

Cigarette butt likely cause of smoke in downtown Victoria, say firefighters

Firefighters douse smoking debris, avoid full-fledged fire

It was a case of smoke, no fire midday Thursday in downtown Victoria.

Firefighters responded Dec. 29 to a building near the intersection of Johnson and Wharf streets and discovered debris smoking between the Salvation Army and Waddington Flats apartment building.

Firefighters at the scene said the smoke may have been a result of a cigarette dropped into leaves and debris.

Crews swiftly dealt with the situation, avoiding fire.

READ ALSO: Starting point of Sidney arson fire may never be found


 

Do you have a story tip? Email: newsroom@vicnews.com.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.





Pop-up banner image