Whether you yearn for the classic Mikeburger or a hearty Canada AAA steak served with a selection of savoury sides, the table is set for you at Langford’s newest restaurant.
Just past Costco, off McCallum Road, MR MIKES opened earlier this month to terrific response. “I think the neighbourhood has been waiting for this for a long time,” says general manager Claire Towers. “The feedback has been terrific.”
1. Choose your experience. Described as “steakhouse casual,” choose which MR MIKES experience you want to have. The dining room side is family-friendly while the urbanLodge side has more of an adult-oriented lounge feel. Relax with a board game with family, challenge the staff to a game of Jenga or take in a Netflix movie with your dinner. “There’s nothing else in the West Shore quite like it,” Towers says.
2. Savour salad in the steakhouse. What’s new? “Everyone automatically assumes we’re just like the old days but instead what they’ll find is a fresh, fun, casual steakhouse,” Towers explains. “Is there a salad bar? No, but if salad is what you crave, you’ll find some great choices on ‘The Green Party’ menu!”
3. Make mine the Mikeburger. Yes, while the salad bar is a thing of the past, the Mikeburger is back, to the delight of fans new and old. Served since 1960 on a toasted French loaf with savoury Mikes sauce, choose from the traditional version or amp it up with bacon, mushrooms and veggies. Prefer a modern interpretation of the hand-held favourite? MR MIKES Lodge Burgers include such tasty versions as Bourbon BBQ, Shroomanoff and Steakhouse Blue … served with chipotle mango-seasoned Lodge Chips, of course, and even better with their signature Antler Ale or Big Horn Lager.
4. Taste-tempting options. Avoiding gluten? MR MIKES is pleased to offer gluten-friendly options and vegetarians will find a variety of pastas, salads and a yummy veggie patty to rival the traditional Mikeburger. You can also find a variety of allergy and nutritional information online.
5. Welcome to Lodge Night. Visit MR MIKES on Thursdays for Lodge Night, featuring special happier hour pricing of bites ‘N booze from 3 to 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. to close. Check out their Facebook page for more special promotions, contests and community initiatives.