A dryer fire prompted the evacuation of Paul’s Motor Inn in Victoria Friday morning.
The fire was contained to an industrial dryer, used to dry cleaning rags, that is kept in the basement of the motel.
A maintenance worker at the motel doused the flames with a fire extinguisher by the time Victoria firefighters responded to the business, located at 1900 Douglas St., just after 9 a.m.
“Just as a precaution we evacuated the hotel and the restaurant,” said Michael King, general manager of the inn.
There were no injuries, damage was minimal, and restaurant and motel operations went quickly back to normal.
“Just the room downstairs was full of smoke, a couple of the rooms got a bit of smoke in them,” King said.
The cause of the fire is still being investigated.