Two West Shore RCMP members are recovering from a carbon monoxide inhalation after they rescued a man in an apparent suicide attempt in the garage of a home on Volmer Road in Colwood.
Just before 1 p.m. on Friday, the officers responded to a call about a man in a closed garage with a vehicle running. The two officers forced their way in and were able to drag the man out and save him, but were exposed to carbon monoxide and were taken to hospital for treatment.
Their conditions were unknown at this time, but both are expected to survive, said West Shore RCMP spokesperson Const. Alex Berube.
“Our officers did not think twice and risked their own lives to save this male,” he said.