Trial dates to be fixed for school arson

Trial dates will likely be set soon for the two teens accused of arson in last year’s fire Savory elementary school.

Trial dates will likely be set soon for the two teens accused of arson in last year’s fire Savory elementary school.

Jordan Deluca, 19, from Langford, is charged with arson in connection with the fire in the administration wing at Savory on Sept. 11, 2011, which caused about $50,000 worth of damage.

His next court appearance is set for Feb. 2, at 9 a.m. at Western Communities Courthouse.

Deluca’s defense lawyer Paul Pearson was in court last Thursday and told the judge he needed a few weeks to look over witness statements and other materials he received from the Crown.

“We’ll probably set a date for the trial now that we have the materials,” Pearson said.

A 16-year-old Langford male, who can’t be named, has also been charged with arson linked to the fire at Savory.

His next appearance is Jan. 19 at 2 p.m. to fix a date for trial.

editor@goldstreamgazette.com

 

 

Be Among The First To Know

Sign up for a free account today, and receive top headlines in your inbox Monday to Saturday.

Sign Up with google Sign Up with facebook

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Reset your password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

A link has been emailed to you - check your inbox.



Don't have an account? Click here to sign up