Saanich man accused of molesting two teen girls

A Saanich man is facing six charges relating to sexually assaulting and molesting two teenage girls

A Saanich man is facing six charges relating to sexually assaulting and molesting two teenage girls, one of them over a period of four years.

Scott Wesley Shirley is charged with sexually assaulting the first teenage girl sometime between January and June 2011.

Two charges indicate Shirley allegedly touched the girl for sexual purposes between June 2007 and June 2011, and who was under the age of 16 at the time.

Two of the four charges related to the first victim describe Shirley as being “a person of trust or authority,” or a person who the young person has a dependent relationship with or who is being exploited.

He is also accused of both sexually assaulting and sexually touching a second teenage girl who is under the age of 16, sometime between January and June 2011.

A publication ban prohibits revealing any information that could identify the girls.

The charges were sworn on May 31. This week a preliminary hearing was set for July 2013 in Victoria provincial court.



Just Posted

Community rallies behind Langford man battling lymphoma

More than $20,000 has been raised to help Mike Gordon

Career fair inspires Royal Bay students

Inaugural event brought together 72 workers from various fields

Victoria Grizzlies’ goalie will honour friend in all he does

Kurtis Chapman lost his best friend earlier this month

Saanich teen helps save three people from the Gorge

53-year-old male who was submerged is expected to recover

Ottawa proposes restricted pot labels, packages

Packaging will include red stop sign with marijuana leaf and ‘THC’

Comox Valley Valley lotto ticket worth $2 million

Someone who purchased a lottery ticket in the Comox Valley was chanelling… Continue reading

Women’s Expo seeks to empower women this weekend

Victoria Women’s Expo set for Saturday and Sunday at Pearkes Recreation Centre

Mayor says it could take “years” to replace EDPA

Mayor Richard Atwell said it will take Saanich “years” to replace a… Continue reading

Pro-Trump protest sign with F-word is OK, court rules

Judges say Ontario man can protest publicly, even using vulgar language

VIDEO: Police officer looking for distracted drivers gets hit by truck

Road safety investigator clipped by trailer while patrolling busy intersection

YVR wants you to help name three new puppies

Say hello to the Vancouver Airport’s new assistance pups

Man dies in crash on Island Highway

Man thrown from his vehicle, alcohol believed to be a factor in accident near Parksville

Suspect who attacked autistic man in Ontario could be from B.C.’s south coast: police

29-year-old man was sent to hospital with serious injuries

Most Read