A vehicle fire in Langford had crews rushing to extinguish a blaze before it spread to a nearby house. The vehicle was parked next to a building in a construction site off Latoria Road when the fire broke out late Saturday morning, but crews were able to get the fire under control before it spread. The department credits the quick calls from witnesses in the area for helping to limit the spread of damage. The cause of the fire appears to be electrical.
Later that afternoon, Langford Fire Rescue was also dealing with a carbon monoxide incident but that call remains a mystery for now. Crews were unable to determine the cause of the alarm and are reminding residents that carbon monoxide detectors are important to have, even if your home doesn’t have gas appliances or wood burning stoves. This particular home had none of those devices yet a small amount of CO was present inside the home and was only detected by the alarm system. FortisBC is continuing the investigation into the source.