Crews respond to commercial kitchen fire in View Royal

Crews respond to commercial kitchen fire in View Royal

Box ignites on stove top when inadvertently turned on

View Royal Fire Rescue was called to a kitchen fire in a commercial space at 284 Helmcken Rd., shortly after 7 p.m. Monday.

According to Fire Chief Paul Hurst, an initial investigation revealed a large cardboard box was placed on top of the stove, which was inadvertently turned on, igniting the box and its contents.

The fire was contained to the stove top and the occupant was able to use a fire extinguisher from the unit to extinguish the blaze.

While initial damage was contained to the kitchen, there was smoke throughout the building and firefighters spent about an hour on scene ventilating the building.

No one was injured in the fire.


Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter

editor@goldstreamgazette.com

View Royal Fire Rescue