Spooks and ghouls who celebrate All Hallow’s Eve will be out and about as dusk approaches next Wednesday. Community events across the West Shore offer everyone down to the littlest goblins a way to celebrate Halloween safely.
• Colwood Fire Department hosts a community Halloween party with bonfire, hotdogs, monster music and costume contest at the fire station, 3215 Metchosin Rd. The Oct. 31 event starts at 7 p.m. with costume judging at 8 p.m.
• District of Metchosin and Metchosin volunteer firefighters host a Halloween spooktacular Oct. 31. There will be hotdogs, fireworks, a costume contest and more starting at 6 p.m. at 4450 Happy Valley Rd.
• View Royal Fire Rescue is hosting a community open house from 6:30 to 9 p.m. on Oct. 31 at 280 Island Highway. The volunteer fire department will be providing candy, hotdogs and hot
chocolate. There will also be a spooky haunted house.
• Highlands fire’s west hall, 1564 Millstream Rd., will be the site of an All-Hallow’s-Eve event
including hotdogs, refreshments and fireworks alongside a bonfire starting at 7 p.m. Donations to the Goldstream Food Bank are welcome.
• Langford Fire Rescue is hosting
Halloween parties at all three fire halls from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Each hall will offer a fire pit, free hotdogs, hot chocolate and full-sized chocolate bars. The fire halls are located at 2625 Peatt Rd., 3205 Happy Valley Rd. and 2872 Sooke Lake Rd.
• West Shore RCMP is again opening its doors to trick or treaters of all ages. Last year more than 1,500 people attended the project that involves children, officers, staff and volunteers.The Fairytale Halloween will be held Oct. 31 from 2 to 8 p.m. at 698 Atkins Ave.
• City Centre Park is hosting a free Halloween party from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. with games, treats, and hayrides. The Langford Trolley will be making trips from Westshore Town Centre. City Centre Park is located at 1089 Langford Pkwy.