The City of Langford is offering its residents an easier way to apply for mandatory campfire permits.
Residents who apply online on the day of the fire will be sent a permit via email. There is no charge for obtaining a permit online, but no permits will be issued when the wildfire risk reaches extreme.
Campfires are defined by the City’s burning bylaws as an open fire conducted for survival, social, ceremonial, cultural or food preparation purposes and includes fires in chimneys and in outdoor fireplaces and wood stoves.
Campfire bans were lifted by the City of Langford on Sept. 4. To obtain a permit go to campfireburnpermitting.cityoflangford.ca.
– No larger than 0.6 by 0.6 metres
– Must be supervised at all times
– Must not be lit during high winds
– Reasonable means to control fire must be readily available
– Must be fuelled by firewood and not household refuse