Aerosol can cause of explosion on Wilfert Road

Fire call turns out to be smaller event than first expected

A  call that initially came in as a fire in a commercial building on Wilfert Road in Colwood turned out be a small explosion caused by an aerosol can too close to a heater.

Two units and eight firefighters responded to the call at about 10 a.m. on January 19, with mutual aid from View Royal, said Colwood Assistant Fire Chief Greg Chow.  There were no injuries, but one person who was shaken up by the explosion was treated at the scene.

An otherwise average week involved mostly medical calls and no serious incidents, Chow added.

reporter@goldstreamgazette.com