From carriage tours to ice carving and Christmas light tours, there’s many ways create new holiday memories in Langford.
The City kicked off celebrations last weekend with the Langford Light-up in conjunction with the Truck Light Convoy. But the City has much more in store for families looking for seasonal fun in December.
“We are really excited to offer a fantastic lineup of new Christmas activities that allow Langford residents to stay in their community and create a lifetime of memories with their families,” says Mayor Stewart Young. “None of this would be possible without the outstanding support of our local business community, who have funded all of the activities, which are all by donation or a minimal cost.”
Make your list for Christmastime activities this month in Langford:
(All events at Veteran’s Memorial Park, Goldstream Avenue at Veteran’s Memorial Parkway, unless otherwise noted)
- Carriage tours – Dec. 14-15 and Dec. 21-22 from 6 to 9 p.m., hop in a horse-drawn carriage and tour the area in style. The carriages seat six and each tour runs $40. Reservations are required, call 250-857-0118 to book.
- Rockin’ Christmas – From 2 to 4 p.m. on Dec. 14-15 and Dec. 21-22, sing along with local musicians playing all your favourite Christmas tunes.
- Sweet sugar cookies – Whether you’re a beginner or looking for fresh ideas, learn the basics of sugar cookie decorating from 2 to 4:30 p.m. on Dec. 14-15 and Dec. 21-22 (spots are on a first-come, first-served basis).
- Wreath-making 101 – Enjoy a quick how-to on making your own wreaths to enhance your home Christmas decorating. The sessions, by donation, happen Dec. 14-15 and Dec. 22 at 2 and 3:15 p.m. (first-come, first served)
- Live ice carving – Watch experts shave and scrape blocks of ice into seasonal shapes and holiday-themed objects. You’ll be amazed how fast they are! Happening Dec. 14-15, Dec. 21-22 from 2 to 5 p.m.
- Trolley light tours – Climb aboard the Langford Trolley and tour the city’s most decorated neighbourhoods. Dec. 20, 21 and 22, leaving at 6:15 and 7:15 p.m. from City Centre Park. Admission is by donation.
- Fun with holiday photos – On Dec. 21 and 22 from 2 to 5 p.m., have your fun family pictures taken in the Photobooth. If you’re keen to see Santa, he’ll be on location from 2 to 3 p.m., so plan on arriving at the park early! Takeaway photos are by donation.