When it comes to keeping your vehicle in peak operating condition, one of the most important things you can do to protect your investment is make sure your oil is changed on a regular basis.
But with longer intervals between oil changes recommended by new car manufacturers, other elements can get neglected that may need attention, says Mark Cookson, owner of the Mr. Lube location on Wale Road in Colwood.
“When people are going 8,000 to 10,000 kilometres between changes, nobody’s looking under their hoods for six, seven months,” he says. “A lot can happen in that time. We look for other stuff that is maybe being neglected, like checking fluid levels and inspecting your air filter.”
Perfect time to drop in for a service
Picking a day to have your car serviced that works with your busy schedule can be tough. But in Colwood, you’ve got a great option for getting routine maintenance done and more, when it’s convenient for you.
You may have been one of the first customers to bring your vehicle in to Mr. Lube in Colwood a year ago. Whether you’re a regular or a newcomer, you’re invited to join Mark and his team as they celebrate their one-year anniversary from May 3 to 5. Here’s some ways you can benefit:
- Significant savings up for grabs Mr. Lube is offering warranty approved oil change packages for all makes and models for $20.19 off the regular price. That a great way to get your vehicle ready for the spring and summer driving season!
- Get started on barbecue season As part of the celebration, you can be entered in a draw for a new barbecue, valued at $450, just for stopping in. The draw will be made at the end of the weekend, May 5.
- No appointments necessary No matter what day you come in, you can drive right up and have your vehicle serviced by the next available technician.
- Open seven days a week Too busy during the week to stop by and find yourself doing family or other activities on Saturdays? Mr. Lube is also open Sundays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Is your rubber getting tired? While you’re in for that oil change and lube job, ask about your options for new tires. Your Colwood shop does tire repairs and swap-overs of your winter/summer tires, but also now sells tires for virtually all types of vehicles. Ask your technician for details.
You might be surprised at how many different services you can have done in one place at Mr. Lube. Stop by to find out, at a time that suits your schedule. You can also follow Mr. Lube Victoria on Facebook.