Here are five fun things you can on the West Shore this weekend:
1. Shop for fresh produce and other goods as West Shore farmers markets launch their 2017 season. The Goldstream Farmers Market (10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Veterans Memorial Park) kicks things off on Saturday while the Metchosin market (11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., behind the fire hall) runs Sunday.
2. Celebrate Mother’s Day at the beautiful campus of Royal Roads University with the annual Paint-In and Craft Fair (Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.).
3. Indulge in Beach Food Fridays and Saturdays at the Esquimalt Lagoon. For this week’s food vendors click here.
4. Help identify plants and animals at Fort Rodd Hill in this year’s BioBlitz, a race against the clock to try and identify as many species as possible. Also, check out the new carved archway at the National Historic Site. Happening Saturday until 4 p.m..
5. Pick up some plants for your garden and support a good cause at the Westshore Centre for Learning’s plant sale fundraiser (Saturday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.).