Fourteen influential community leaders, organization and businesses took home trophies Friday night at the inaugural WestShore Community Awards.
Held at Bear Mountain resort, 38 finalists were recognized for their community leadership.
Winners in eleven categories are as follows:
• Brock Emberton Law Corporation – Business integrity
• Colwood Mayor Dave Saunders – Civic leadership
• Rotary Club of West Shore – Community Innovation
• Margaret Jacobson – Community service
• Canada Laminate & Hardwood Flooring – Costumer service
• Feel Good Yoga & Pilates – Customer service
• WildPlay West Shore Victoria – Healthy communities: Business
• Jim Rathwell – Healthy communities: Individual
• Kathleen King-Hunt – Healthy Communities: Individual
• SPORTASSIST – Healthy communities: Organization
• WestShore Centre for Learning & Training – Healthy communities: Organization
• Royal Colwood Golf Club – Environmental Stewardship
• Thermal King Glass – Long-standing West Shore business
• Langford Coun. Lanny Seaton and SD 62 trustee Dianna Seaton – Civic couple
See www.westshoreawards.ca for the full list of nominees.