News

No one hurt in townhouse kitchen fire

A small kitchen fire broke out in the townhouse complex at 2920 Phipps road on Tuesday, Aug. 19. Langford Fire Rescue responded, but the owner was able to extinguish the flames with a fire extinguisher before fire fighters arrived. There was some damage to the owner’s stove, and minimal smoke damage. No one was hurt in the incident.

acowan@goldstreamgazette.com

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

You might like ...

Tseshaht First Nation plans closure of resource road to Nahmint
 
Alberni First rolls out slate of candidates for municipal election
 
Is CUPE running your city hall?
Building community starts with a bowl of soup, says Victoria maven
 
Camosun College seeks to become scholarly, community leader in First Nations research
 
HOMEFINDER: Creating a livable neighbourhood
Cops for Cancer Tour de Rock arrives in Sooke
 
Local foodies head to Terra Madre
 
Down but not out

Community Events, October 2014

Add an Event

Read the latest eEdition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Oct 1 edition online now. Browse the archives.