- BC Jobs
- Victoria News
- Oak Bay News
- Peninsula News Review
- Saanich News
- Real Estate Victoria
BUSINESS COLUMN: Out and about
The big news as far as business over the last two weeks is the opening of the Quality Foods location on Langford Parkway. Their newest location is adjacent to the new Capital Iron and right beside Cascadia Liquor.
• A water pipe break caused City Wide Scooters and 3 Gringos Mexican Restaurant in Goldstream Station problems in June, but the two locations are open again and encourage clients to stop in.
• 27 Degrees Tanning Studio has opened at 688 Granderson Rd. They provide beds as well as spray tanning. It is in the strip mall with Goldstream Bicycles, Bunny Malone, Pretty Women Consignment, Elements Hairworks, Natural Balance Massage, Shabby Chic Nail Studio, Island Murphy Beds and Island Pro Computers.
A recent traffic change no longer allows vehicles to turn onto Granderson from Goldstream Avenue. To access the mall, drivers must now turn off Goldstream onto McMurdo Terrace and then onto Granderson.
• The new legislation regarding Happy Hour is being taken advantage of by many West Shore locations. Check out your favourite watering holes and see what they have happening.
• Two local eateries recently took top spots in our recently published Best of the City survey. Bin 4 Burger Lounge was voted number one for Best New Restaurant and Best Burger. Floyd’s Diner took top spot for Best Old School Diner.
• The official grand reopening of the Langford McDonald’s Restaurant on Millstream Road in Langford takes place this Friday (July 25). It starts at 10 a.m. and includes face painting for the kids, cake, visits by local dignitaries as well as restaurant specials. Everyone is invited to come take a look at the renovations.
• Pemberton Holmes Realty has a new location. Their office has moved to 101-891 Attree Ave. on the corner of Attree and Jacklin Road.
Is your business moving, having an anniversary, receiving an award? Contact Shelley (email@example.com) or Christine (firstname.lastname@example.org).