- 2015 Federal Election
- Place Classified Ad
- Browse Classifieds
- BC Jobs
- Victoria News
- Oak Bay News
- Peninsula News Review
- Saanich News
- Real Estate Victoria
WORD ON THE STREET: Roll the dice at Chamber mixer
Time flies when you are having fun and that has been the case on the West Shore this summer. From fun events to new beginnings for some local business; the West Shore has been an exciting place to be.
The West Shore Rotary Club and Millstream Village Merchants’ annual chili cook off was a huge success as in other years and raised over $5,500 for Rotary projects.
The Peoples Choice award went to Bridgeman Plumbing, the Best Judged was awarded to Market on Millstream and the Best Showmanship was won by Nando’s Chicken.
• Era Law will be opening a new office at unit 101-797 Goldstream Ave., on Sept. 4 and welcomes new and existing clients to drop by. They will also be joined by Mark Hundleby, formerly of Wilson Marshall in Victoria.
• The next Westshore Chamber of Commerce mixer happens at the View Royal Casino on Sept. 10 and members will be invited to take part in a free slot party, blackjack lessons and a poker tournament. As always, chamber members are invited to bring a guest for $15. For more information about becoming a Chamber member contact Lindsay Wilson, 250-478-1130.
• The Langford flea market will continue Saturdays through until Oct. 25. This popular indoor and outdoor market is held at the Goldstream Freemason's Lodge No. 161 at 679 Goldstream Ave., and in the adjacent parking lot.
• West Village Church will be hosting a party in the park at Ruth King elementary, 2764 Jacklin Rd. this Sunday (Sept. 7) from noon to 3 p.m., there will be a bouncy castle, face painting, and free food on site. For further information visit westvillagechurch.com.
• Mark your calendars for Metchosin Days, Sunday, Sept. 7, as it marks more than 45 years for this annual gathering. This fun filled family event is free, as is the parking, and there is plenty of it. Stop by for a portion of the day or all of it. There will be a 5-kilometre walk/run starting at 8 a.m., and a pancake breakfast at 10:30 a.m. The day is sure to be filled with something for everyone. With a pet contest, blacksmiths, sheep shearing and more than 100 vendors, it promises to be a day to remember.
Is your business moving, having an anniversary, receiving an award? Contact Shelley (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Christine (email@example.com).